Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Mama Bear almost fully recovered from Concussion

For those followers, supporters and guests of The Woodward Inns on Fillmore, I am not one to complain or even speak about weaknesses, but many of you have noticed instability in my speech and other complications over the last several months. In late January, while playing racquetball which I have played all of my adult life, I suffered a blow to the soft tissue of the brain below the back of the skull. For about a month, I could not drive, use a phone or computer, or coordinate my right side. I felt as though I went from vibrant to "old" overnight.  While The Woodward Inns has remained almost every bed full since July, my friends have pitched in to make sure we have kept things up enough!! Thanks to God and my dear friends and supporters, I have been able to reach about 90% of normal capacity. Being incapacitated for the first time in my life was quite a blow to my way of work and life. For everyone's support and for God's help, I am so thankful.  I am looking forward to a peaceful and productive Fall and Winter Season!    

No comments: